I'm happily married to Jennifer Milligan Ross who was the valedictorian for Courtland high school here in Spotsylvania County in 1987. Jennifer is a medical doctor who practices medicine in the local area. We have 6 children, ages 5 to 19 with our oldest starting her second year at the University of Virginia!
I am retired Marine aviator, and for the past 8 years have been a program manager in the software development field. This also makes me an active commuter along Route 3 and I95 to the Quantico area (I feel the pain too)
I have a BBA in finance from Iowa State University and a MS in Systems Management from the Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA. I am also Program Management Professional (PMP), Security + CE, and ITIL Foundations certified.
I seek office as a Statesmen Representative - not a politician. I believe in servant leadership and representing the Citizens of Courtland, and only the Citizens of Courtland as your elected representative.
In 2011, I posted a tab with my values listed so that anyone researching me would know what I believe in. Those values/beliefs have not changed. You may view them on my original campaign page by clicking here.
I would be honored if you would give me the opportunity to represent you on the Board of Supervisors for another 4 years, this November 3rd - Thank you for researching your candidates. Sincerely - Dave
Things that define who I am are - I'm from rural Iowa (grew up surrounded by corn fields), I attend a very small public school (49 students in my graduating class), and participated in sports, band, and choir while growing up with one younger brother (now an Emergency Room doctor in Idaho) in a single parent home.
I have over 20 years of leadership experience, courtesy of the United States Marine Corps, where I served as a navigator in the aviation community and as a Manpower planner. As a USMC planner, I was responsible for a reenlistment bonus budget of over $60 million dollars and was recognized by the Senate Armed Forces Committee for my efficient management of this budget. After retiring from the Marine Corps, I have 7 1/2 years experience as a Program Manager in customized case management software development (Information Technology field) as a contractor in Quantico, VA. I have 3 1/2 years of leadership experience as your representative on the Board of Supervisors, holding both the Vice Chair and Chairman positions on our Board for one year each. Thank you for taking the time to research me. I would truly be honored to serve you for another term as your representative for Courtland.
• Family is very important to me. Being a Marine I moved frequently and often. I know family time is important and desire all of us to have more time with our families.
• This equates to bringing more jobs here for less commute time and transportation solutions that actually work.
• Our children's future - with our debt - is at risk. I will do my part to make their future a brighter one.
•Our Nation is in too much debt - this demands fiscal responsibility at all levels of government - to include Spotsylvania County
• We need people to step up and lead - local, state, and federal - not go along to get along with the bureaucracy. If you agree - I'm your man.
• The freedoms and liberty toward which our Founding Father's had a vision is at risk. I will do my part to restore America to our Founding Father's vision.
• Government has gotten too big and has overreached its authority - we need to check this - even at the local level
• Money is spent more efficiently by the individual earning it than anyone else.
• Lower taxes equate to better use of limited and constrained resources - therefore every effort should be made to lower taxes without establishing additional taxes
• Property rights, as guaranteed by the United States Constitution are strongly linked to our liberty. I have, and will continue to support these rights at all costs.
church / Community / Service / beliefs
• Government is not the answer to our social / economic problems - our community is.
• I believe everyone should grow up with a sense of service toward their neighbors and community.
• I believe our local church - is the cornerstone of this service.
• My family and I attend New Life in Christ Church, behind the Spotsy Mall that is also in the Courtland District.
paid for and authorized by Ross4Courtland